Harmonious Living with Dogs, Babies, and Toddlers with
Dogs & Storks and Dogs & Toddlers Parent
Family Paws, Inc. offers both private, in-home
consultations and community workshops to educate dog owners who are expecting parents and parents of babies and toddlers. The common myth is that bringing home baby's blanket or
dirty diaper for the dog to sniff will be enough to acclimate the dog to the new baby. Whether you are a parent, grandparent or other caregiver of an infant or toddler, you will be surprised at
what you learn about dogs, babies and children!
Private, In-Home Consultations
1-1/2 to 2 hours. $200 for inital visit . We come to your home at your convenience. For anyone who is expecting a baby, has a new baby or bigger children. What you get:
- Assessment of your dog
- Information about important, often overlooked things every parent or expectant parent should know about dogs and babies.
- Evaluate and recommend what you can specifically do in your home to get ready.
- Collaboration with your midwife or doula
Follow up visits. 1 hour. $105.
We can come as often as needed to help you work with your dog should there be any issues that concern you. As you begin to move baby equipment in, additional stressors may be present that need
- During pregnancy
- Just before delivery
- From delivery - toddler
Community Workshops 90 – 120 mins.
For hospitals, maternity clinics and community organizations. Ask how we can benefit your organization with this valuable public service.
- Professional slide presentation
- Help families with dogs be informed about dogs and babies.
- Presented by a skilled dog trainer and parent educator.
Private Pre-Natal Workshops 90 – 120 mins. $35. per family (min. 6 families). Fun, interactive workshops for
- How to prepare your home and your dog for your baby’s arrival
- How to make a smooth transition for your dog
- Learn about important, often overlooked details that could make it difficult for your dog.
- How dogs may respond to baby equipment and toys.
Be-A-Tree Workshop - 60 minutes
Doggone Safe Presentation for Children
Pre-School to Elementary Age
For schools, daycare, clubs and youth organizations. An interactive program for children to demonstrate through pictures and skits how to be safe
around dogs. This fun program is geared to toddler through elementary school age and teaches safety with strange dogs as well as the family pet. Teachers and parents can learn as well!